The Department of Nuclear Reactors and Nuclear Power Plants
The aim of graduates of the Department of Nuclear Reactors and Nuclear Power Plants is to create new reactor sets, which provide a harmless utilizing of nuclear and thermonuclear energy. One of the spheres of their activity is the structure design of new origin reactors and reactor systems.
The Nuclear Power Engineering course deals with the problems of nuclear plants possibilities and the aim of the course is to provide a sound conceptual and theoretical background to modern techniques of thermophysical analyses and design related to the construction of nuclear and thermonuclear reactors (test, research, power) and different sets, power plants and systems.
Core course components:
The postgraduate students and engineers take an active part in research and design projects at leading Russian organizations, which design test nuclear power sets, including nuclear power systems for marine and space applications.
- Experimental and theoretical physics;
- Solid state and nuclear physics;
- Thermodynamics and heat and mass transfer;
- Gas dynamics;
- Control systems;
- CAD approach;
- Designing of reactors.
Directions of researching activity:
- Theoretical and test analysis of hydraulically induced vibrations in heat-liberating assemblies of pressurized water reactors (prof. V.I. Solonin, dr. V.V. Perevezentsev, dr. N.F. Rekshnya, dr. V.G. Krapivtsev)
- Theoretical and test analysis of stationary and transient processes in cylinder and ring fillings of ball-type fuel elements in active zones of high-temperature gas-cooled reactors (dr. L.L. Kalishevsky)
- Theoretical, test analysis and conceptual designing of passive actuating elements for reactors’ safety systems (prof. V.I. Solonin, prof. P.P.)
- Nuclear technology safety including safety problems of the nuclear fuel cycle and nonproliferation of nuclear materials (prof. V.I. Solonin, prof. Tocheny, dr. L.A.Kuznetsov, dr. P.V. Krasnikov)
- Expansion of the data base for dynamic models of various-purpose reactors equipment. Utilization of the data base for the interactive program system “Modeling in technical arrangements” (dr. O.S. Kozlov, dr. E.B. Koposov )
With any suggestions or questions, please, feel free to contact